Wednesday, June 10, 2009

There you are…nothing has changed about you…maybe a few wrinkles more…but the laugh is the same…the mischievous glint in your eyes is the same…the same walk…the same intelligent talk…and then you look at me…something has changed…I see a difference…’I love you’ is the first thing you say to me…how I’ve longed to hear you say this…how I’ve longed to hear these words from you…at another time, long before now I would have given anything to hear this from you…but now, like right now, it doesn’t matter…things have surely changed…your words fall over my ears touching no part of me…I feel nothing…no happiness, no sorrow…no excitement, no remorse…I don’t even feel regret…I’m standing there before you with absolutely no feeling…cold and emotionless…and there it dawns on me…the true meaning of moving on…nothing about the person in question effects you…not his words, not his deeds…even the memories have seemed to fade away…almost disappeared…wiped clean from the slate…and I’m happy…finally happy…not because of what you said…but because at last, I managed to say the final goodbye…

No comments: