Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Recurring dreams...

The sandwich is yummy and I just can’t have enough of it. I am happy, very happy. I can’t stop smiling. It’s not only the sandwich, but because I am with momma and dadda and Ross. My family, happy and content. I don’t know where we are. It looks my old school building. There are a lot of bougainvilleas, pink ones, like the dress momma has worn. And green leaves like the frock I have worn. Everything is peaceful and serene. Everyone’s having a good time. But something gives me the feeling that a storm is coming. Suddenly the sky darkens and the weather becomes cloudy. Dadda has left my hand and is running after someone. I see that momma is missing too. I see Ross running after someone too. In the grim sunlight I see them running after a figure in pink. I strain my eyes against the strong wind to see whom they’re running after. The pink figure becomes clearer. It’s momma they’re running after. She’s left and gone. But why? I don’t know. My sandwich drops to the floor. I have tears in my eyes and now even I am running after her. I cry out to her but she doesn’t look back. She just gets into a cab and breezes out of our lives as we stand there helpless. I have my hands stretched out, in hope that she’ll come back to comfort me as she does always. I am sobbing now. “Stormy, Stormy.” I wake up. It was a bad dream. Mom is comforting me now. I’m holding mom and crying uncontrollably. I can’t stop this wave of tears. “Don’t ever leave me, momma. Please never leave.” “I won’t sweetheart. What makes you think I’ll leave you or Ross? It was a bad dream, baby. I’m here and will always be. Calm down.” I can’t calm down. I can’t stop crying. I open my eyes again and see that the space beside mom is empty. Mom hasn’t gone anywhere but dad left instead.

No comments: